You never know how things are going to turn out.
Yesterday, after I loaded some mugs to see if the tiny bubbles would smooth out I forgot to put a cone in the sitter.
So when I tried to place a cone in the sitter I noticed the sitter would not fully raise to accept the new cone. I tried bending it with my hands...then i tried bending it with some pliers. Just when I thought I had "fixed" it the sitter broke. Oops!
Luckily I have several old kilns in the shop and pulled another sitter off of one. It fit perfectly.
I fired the kiln slowly overnight and just it was ready to open after dinner the next day, just in time for a cup of coffee.
When I peeked in the kiln the bubbles had smoothed out and my cups and bowls were saved!
Here are a few of my mugs from the firing.
The clay body is Highwater's Loafers Glory with a Malcolm Davis shino glaze. I also spray my secret bbq recipe of hickory ashes and oxides over the shino for taste. These cups were fired in an electric kiln to cone 10 in total oxidation.